Thursday, January 14, 2010

Let's Bring Back the Shaker!

Ok, we all know it... the biggest mistake UNB Rock & Ice ever made was demolishing the shaker. I want it back.

I started to use my new favourite program: Google SketchUp, to imagine how to bring it back. Here's what I came up with:
  • Step 1... use $10,000 to smash out the concrete wall all the way to the ceiling.
  • Step 2... smash the arete and the overhangs all the way over the the current 10 degree.
  • Step 3... design the new 'Super Shaker' (see below)
  • Step 4... convince everyone in the club it's a good idea (ongoing)
  • Step 5... build the frickin' thing
As soon as we find out that getting into the new Curry Centre is a bust I'm proposing we start spending cash.

I also built in some model components for our new volume holds made locally at Bolo Climbing.

I uploaded my model to Google Earth and embedded it below so you could tour around... pretty slick eh? If you want you can download the reno model itself and play around with your own design: Here.


No comments:

Post a Comment