Monday, January 4, 2010

404'd

My old laptop bit the dust (again) the other day. This machine was declared dead a few years back when it was the property of a friend. I did some serious software fixes and got it back to life after she had paid her last respects and moved on to a new love (read iMac). This time I think it's dead for good. Would only boot if tilted at 90 degrees.

Luckily I got everything I needed from it onto my mobile hard disk. Did a quick Kijiji search and wound up with a new beauty for the bargain price of $250. My new machine does all kinds of tricks and is a big improvement. Just need to get used to Windows 7. So far so good.

1 comment:

  1. Hey! Congrats on the new laptop! About friggin' time. :)

    And now I have to ask...where do laptops go when they die?

    ReplyDelete